Summary: This 2-Day course will introduce individuals within the rail industry to Human Factors and develop their Non-Technical Skills in accordance with the Rail Safety and Standards Board guidance.
Provider: PPWD Consulting Ltd
Location: By agreement with the client. (can be delivered world-wide and can be either classroom based or delivered virtually).
Duration: 2 days
Knowledge/experience needed: This is an entry level course that assumes no prior knowledge.
Who should attend?
This course provides the grounding for reducing incidents and developing a Fair Safety Culture, it is applicable to all roles and grades within an organisation.
Why should you attend?
The course will provide the foundation for improving individual and organisational safety.
What you will learn?
Using a combination of theory, discussion workshop and practical elements the course will assume minimal knowledge of Human Factors and Non-Technical skills. It will provide delegates with a core knowledge of relevant theories and link these theories to real world situations.
What you learn
- Improved self-management and relationship management.
- Better understanding of the importance of teamwork.
- Techniques for better concentration and short-term memory.
- How to develop and maintain situational awareness.
- Increased knowledge of ‘where’ and ‘when’ to use verbalisation techniques to anticipate risk and avoid incidents.
- How to handle fatigue and improve sleep.
- Using healthy living techniques to improve safety.
- How to remain calm under pressure, and deal with anger and frustration.
- Situational awareness.
- Decision-making and action.
- Co-operation and working with others.
- Workload management.
The course draws on the trainee’s own experiences, and is ideal for those in management, instructional or safety-critical roles. If you need a shorter, half-day or one-day programme for directors or senior managers, we can design this for you.
There is no formal assessment of the NTS Development Programme. However, informal assessment is to be on-going and dynamic throughout the two days. Learner progress and understanding will be assessed during the analysis and feedback of workshop activities.
All delegates will receive access to PPWD online course material and a certificate of achievement.
PPWD are 'thought leaders' in Safety Differently and our innovative approach to it will bring out the best in your people, developing their skills, talents and approach to safety. We show them how to become an Agile Operator and help them make your business an Agile Organisation. The 2-day Human Factors and Non-Technical Skills course is our foundation programme which underpins the PPWD approach to safety.