Competitive salary and benefits.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Ergonomist has arisen at Airbus in Broughton. The successful candidate will support ergonomics improvements in the working conditions at Broughton, ensuring compliance with the relevant Standards and Regulations. To achieve this objective you will verify the relevant situations (identify and analyse the risk factors) using ergonomics assessment methods, drive the development of ergonomic solutions within a multifunctional team and present the benefits of the improvements. In some cases you may be required to lead projects/sub-projects to apply these solutions in co-operation with production/operations, health and safety, quality and finance teams.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing as-is assessments to identify potential ergonomics improvement benefits.
- Supporting multifunctional teams with advice on achieving compliance with the relevant Regulations and Standards.
- Supporting the development of action plans for solutions to reduce identified ergonomics risks, in co-operation with stakeholders:
- Providing recommendations to achieve compliance
- Reporting and presenting findings of the ergonomic assessments in a format suitable for the audience
- Ensuring strong links with the specific area of the business.
- Performing ergonomics assessments, reporting of ergonomics findings and providing the ergonomics related root cause analysis.
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or higher) in Ergonomics/Human Factors (delivered by an accredited higher education body).
- Accredited to (or working towards) Registered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) or equivalent.
- Good background on human factor sciences, work physiology, biomechanics, cognition.
- Experience in identifying ergonomics risk factors in the workplace (e.g. process, work flow, work organisation); proposing risk mitigation solutions to management.
- Experience in anticipating risk (e.g. new designs & processes).
- Knowledge and/or experience of the relevant Regulations and Standards relating to the workplace.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience of working in an Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering environment would be desirable.
Reference - 10372743 TA EN EXT 1
Find out more