What these awards recognise
The Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors awards recognise the skills, knowledge and
experience in the discipline of both teams and individuals, who are either just starting
out in their careers or are more well established. They recognise
excellence in advancing the discipline in both research and practice. There are no entry fees.
How to make a nomination
- Follow the award link.
- Check the criteria for the award to ensure that your intended nominee and their work fit all the criteria.
- Think of two other professionals who would act as referees in support of the nomination. They must know the nominee(s) and their work and be willing to supply a written statement detailing how they know them and why they think they deserve the award.
- Gather any relevent supporting documentation about the nominee that you think will strengthen the nomination. These might include a detailed CV, a description of their work activities or career achievements.
- Download, complete and submit the nomination form by 3 May 2021.
The Innovation Award : Best project or single piece of work (by any individual or group)
Institute Lecture : For significant and sustained contribution (nomination by Honours Committee only)
President’s Award : For significant contribution to the discipline (by any group)
Lifetime Achievement Award : For outstanding scientific research (by any individual)
Lifetime Achievement Award : For outstanding practical application by an individual (by a CIEHF Registered Member or Fellow)
Outstanding Communications Award : For information through digital or print media (by any individual or group)
Volunteer of the Year Award : For outstanding contribution to the Institute (by any individual)
New Professionals Awards
New Ergonomist of the Year Award : Best work (by a CIEHF member)
Best Student Project Award : Best postgraduate work (by any student, nomination by course leader or tutor only)
Student Travel Bursary : To fund conference presentation (not restricted to closing date, alternative nomination procedure)
Ergonomics Journal Best Paper Award (nomination by journal Editors only)
Applied Ergonomics Journal Best Paper Award (nomination by journal Editors only)
- It is the nominator's responsibility to ensure that the referees
are contacted, that they have seen the award description and criteria,
and they understand that they must email a supporting statement by the
closing date, direct to the CIEHF at email@example.com
- The awards are based on nominations from tutors, organisations and peers, or on self-nomination.
- The closing date is 3 May 2021
by which time both the nomination and the referees supporting
statements must have been received by CIEHF in order for the nomination
to be accepted.
- Accepted nominations will be reviewed by the CIEHF's Honours
Committee and all parties will be notified as soon as possible after the
Committee has reached its decision.
- The winners will be announced and presented with their awards at a special
awards ceremony on 18 June 2021.