First registered: 2019
Registered ergonomists: 1
I am a Registered Human Factors Practitioner, Chartered Chemical Engineer, qualified HR professional and trainer with a 30-year career in the process industries. Utilising my technical background and people management experience, I developed and implemented the Human Factors strategy for an Upper Tier COMAH site, building positive relationships with the regulators, delivering projects, and developing site and global standards for the business in a range of subjects related to Human Factors and Process Safety.
I now run my own independent consultancy, Lorraine Braben Consulting (LBC), using my industry knowledge to support clients with their Human Factors projects. I enjoy working with people at all levels to deliver practical and sustainable solutions.
I support high hazard industry to reduce the risk of human error through:
Auditing & Assessment services to investigate the true state of your systems;
- Design assessment tools to enable auditing of Human Factors topics against industry standards.
- Investigate actual work practices to identify risks and vulnerabilities.
- Highlight good practice and make recommendations to deliver improvements.
Project Planning & Delivery services to manage safe operation and regulator expectations;
- Develop plans to deliver Human Factors Strategy aligned to organisational priorities.
- Design workable systems that help business demonstrate safe behaviours and compliance with regulator expectations.
- Lead or support the implementation of Human Factors systems to resolve deficiencies and embed continuous improvement.
Training & Mentoring services supporting learners to apply their learning in the workplace;
- Design and delivery of open courses and individually tailored training programmes to meet learners and organisational needs.
- Provision of coaching and mentoring at all levels to improve Human Factors knowledge and consistent, practical application of Human Factors tools and techniques.