The Occupational Safety & Health Ergonomics Network (OSHEN) aims to increase the profile of ergonomics and human factors and its growing importance in the field of occupational health and safety risk management.
It is a network for anyone with an interest in the application of ergonomics and human factors to problems of safety and health in the workplace. This includes the design and evaluation of tasks, jobs, products, machinery, environments and systems to make workplaces more compatible with the abilities of those who work in them.
The aims of the Group are to:
- Increase the profile of ergonomics in occupational health and safety risk management.
- Help ergonomists and human factors specialists develop greater knowledge and expertise in occupational health and safety issues.
- Promote awareness in other professional bodies.
- Forge links with relevant professional bodies.
- Encourage debate and support among members.
- Respond to consultative documents relating to occupational health and safety and ISO/CEN/BSI standards and engage with other professions to ensure CIEHF views are represented.
- Arrange networking events.
If you are interested in taking part in the Group’s activities, please join their LinkedIn Group or contact the organiser.
SIG Steering Committee: Terry Woolmer, Stuart Shirreff, Andrew Pinder