The CIEHF works with it’s PR partner, The McOnie Agency, to raise its profile in the media. The following lists show the publicity this work has generated in the form of clipping booklets, which show instances of articles and mentions in magazines and newspapers.
Download the September 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/09/2016.
Page 3: ‘Human-centered’ wellbeing standard launched, FMWorld, 01/09/2016.
Page 4: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 01/09/2016.
Page 7: New BS ISO 27500 standard focuses on human wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/09/2016.
Page 10: Why your business must get personal protective equipment right, smallbusiness.co.uk, 13/09/2016.
Page 12: Human factors and ergonomics for the dental profession, Dental Update, 01/09/2016.
Page 16: The human factor in interior design, Bristol Business Post, 01/10/2016.
Download the August 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 31/08/2016.
Page 3: Better by design: why human-centered businesses boost wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work, 23/08/2016.
Page 6: Steve Barraclough on why a new ISO standard on design could help increase wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work Twitter, 24/08/2016.
Download the July 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Nerf guns, beds and beanbag areas: what makes a productive office?, theguardian.com, 07/07/2016.
Page 4: Luxury driverless cars: an ethical dilemma, billionaire.com, 27/07/2016.
Page 5: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/07/2016.
Page 6: How to reduce human failure, The Chemical Engineer, 01/07/2016.
Page 12: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, hazardexonthenet.net, 20/07/2016.
Download the June 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Designers and engineers urged to enter the Ergonomics Design Award 2016, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 3: The Ergonomics Design Award 2016 is open for entries, architectsdatafile.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 4: Shortfall of 42,000 occ health specialists, Health & Safety at Work, 01/06/2016.
Download the May 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The H Factor, Energy, Oil & Gas, 01/04/2016.
Page 5: MMC discount rate extended, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/05/2016.
Page 6: Take a tour of Aston Martin at WM conference next month, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 7: Aston Marting offers exclusive factory tour at MMC, worksmanagement.co.uk, 04/05/2016.
Page 8: Manufacturing Management Conference 2016, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 9: Display screen regulations & risk assessment, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 10: Welcome to BIFM Training, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 11: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, Hazard Ex, 01/05/2016.
Download the April 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Latest CIEHF publication recognises ‘The Human Connection’, Tomorrow’s Health & Safety, 26/04/2016.
Page 4: Improving lives, business and society with ‘The Human Connection’, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 6: Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors announces new president, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 8: New CIEHF president to foster link between research and practice, fmj.co.uk, 22/04/16.
Page 11: New President at CIEHF to foster link between research and practice, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 21/04/16.
Page 13: Calendar HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/04/16.
Page 15: Day 1 – Conference, Works Management, 01/04/16.
Page 16: Present and correct, Dealer Support, 01/04/16.
Download the March 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Long-term effects of virtual reality use need more research, say scientists, theguardian.com, 19/03/16.
Page 4: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/03/16.
Page 5: Ergonomic personal protective equipment design saves lives, International Fire Fighter, 01/03/16.
Page 6: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16.
Page 9: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16.
Page 17: Ergonomics & Human Factors 2016 19-21 April, Daventry, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/03/16.
Page 18: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/03/16.
Page 20: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, fmj.co.uk, 10/03/16.
Page 22: Training + events, Health & Safety at Work, 01/04/16.
Page 23: Ergonomics and Human Factors 2016, Health & Safety at Work, 02/03/16.
Page 24: HSE Chair: Event speeches during 2016 – notes and accompanying slides, hse.gov.uk, 30/03/16.
Download the February 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, Plant Engineer, 01/01/16.
Page 8: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 01/01/16.
Page 12: The Growth of Women in Male-Dominated Industries, huffingtonpost.co.uk, 24/02/16.
Page 15: Industry bodies aim to reduce risk of medication errors, epmmagazine.com, 02/02/16.
Page 17: New groups aims to reduce risk of medication errors, EPM (European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer), 01/01/16.
Page 19: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, Clinical Services Journal, 01/02/16.
Page 20: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, clinicalservicesjournal.com, 15/02/16.
Download the January 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, WorksManagement.co.uk, 20/01/16.
Page 7: MAS suicide, Works Management, 01/01/16.
Page 14: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/01/16.
Page 15: CIEHF event explores cabin pressure, Health & Safety at Work, 27/01/16.
Page 16: Stephen Barraclough: Ergonomics can help employees thrive, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 17: How the physical workplace can help manage musculoskeletal disorders, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 21: How will humans react to driverless cars?, bbc.co.uk, 07/01/16.
Page 22: Unified Bridge: an ergonomic design concept, telegraph.co.uk, 29/01/16.
The following news items are compiled by Google News.
- Yamaha Custom CSGIII Clarinets Feature Innovative Keywork and Advanced Ergonomics – Satellite PR News (press release) 19 January 2017
- Workrite Ergonomics Announces Introduction Of Tranquility Privacy Panel System – PR Web (press release) 19 January 2017
- Walther Arms boasts Creed's ergonomics, sub-$400 price – Guns.com 17 January 2017
- Official ergonomics guidance is no longer fit for purpose in Europe – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 12 January 2017
- Humanscale says ergonomics, stand-up workspaces among office design updates – HR Dive 10 January 2017
- The health and career hazards of poor ergonomics – Employee Benefit Adviser (registration) 3 January 2017
- 4 New Year's Supply Chain Resolutions: Smartphones, Analytics, Ergonomics, Environment – EBN 3 January 2017
- Ergonomics the driving force behind inventor's… – Western Producer (subscription) 30 December 2016
- 5 Ergonomics Tips for Creating a Healthy Workplace Environment – Small Business Trends 29 December 2016
- The Ergonomics Behind Pro Gaming Gear – Motherboard 26 December 2016
- Mental health expert warns of more accidents offshore due to North Sea downturn – Energy Voice 23 January 2017
- Recent FAA Circular Focuses On Human Factors Training … – Aviation Week 19 January 2017
- FDA Describes How Interface Design And Human Factors Support Approval Of Generic Combination Products – Med Device Online (press release) 18 January 2017
- Rosekind calls for more focus on human factors – Automotive News (subscription) (blog) 16 January 2017
- Human Factors Studies for Generic Combo Products: FDA Offers Draft Guidance – Regulatory Focus 13 January 2017
- Human factors – EIGA Winter Session 2017 preview – gasworld 8 January 2017
- Renfrew Group's Michael Philips: Incorporating human factors in engineering is absolutely critical in the medical sector – Eureka 6 January 2017
- Will passwords soon go bye-bye? Reston-based company uses human factors to authenticate – WJLA 5 January 2017
- NATA Asks FAA To Hold Off On Mx Human-factors Guidance – Aviation International News 4 January 2017
- Searching for the Human Factor in Deadly Avalanches – The New … – New York Times 29 December 2016
- WYDOT New 511 Travel Map Offers Improved Functionality and … – KCWY 13 Where News Comes First 20 January 2017
- SECURITY, DURABILITY AND USABILITY TARGET HP'S FLAGSHIP CONVERTIBLE AT BUSINESS USERS – Computerworld Australia 20 January 2017
- Report: ePCR software has room for improvement – EMS1.com – EMS1.com 19 January 2017
- NAEMT Releases Report on EMS ePCR Usability – EMSWorld (press release) (blog) 19 January 2017
- ChyronHego LyricX 2.0 now shipping with enhanced usability – NewscastStudio 16 January 2017
- Giracoin Launches On Private Blockchain; Usability Meets Fintech – CryptoCoinsNews 12 January 2017
- Bridging the Gap Between Big Data Science, Health IT Usability – Health IT Analytics 9 January 2017
- Conducting Usability Tests in Production – DZone News 5 January 2017
- How to balance security and usability with data analytics – The Next Web 3 January 2017
- Leaving the Wild West: New Swiss Cryptocurrency Focuses on Usability and Regulatory Compliance – CoinTelegraph 29 December 2016
- Healthcare Sector is Newest Target for Website Accessibility … – Lexology (registration) 23 January 2017
- North Florida's medical marijuana production facility seeks an … – Florida Times-Union 23 January 2017
- Launch of APPTOURYOU free Online Tourism Accessibility Training – Travel Daily News International 23 January 2017
- Website Accessibility Epidemic Reaches Arizona – The National Law Review 23 January 2017
- The Accessibility of Biotechnology Makes Bioterrorism a 'Possible … – Sputnik International 22 January 2017
- Help us improve the Guardian website's accessibility – The Guardian 21 January 2017
- Southern committed to railway accessibility – The Guardian 20 January 2017
- Design for accessibility: how the Co-op's digital wills service is made for everyone – Creative Review (blog) 18 January 2017
- Google Adds Details On Accessibility – Disability Scoop – Disability Scoop 17 January 2017
- Socitm survey: A third of council homepages fail accessibility tests … – PublicTechnology.net 9 January 2017
- A Futuristic Office Is Less Important Than An Office That's Good For Workers – Co.Exist 20 January 2017
- Creative Workplaces survey – we want to know about your place of work – Creative Review (blog) 18 January 2017
- 'Workplace Guardians' & well designed workspaces key to boosting business performance, says Interserve – HR News (press release) (registration) (blog) 18 January 2017
- The very idea of a universal workplace is seriously flawed – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 17 January 2017
- A Workplace That Works: The Importance of a Well-Designed Workspace – TG Daily (blog) 16 January 2017
- Workplace design can combat ill effects of winter on workers' mental wellbeing – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 12 January 2017
- Detoxify the workplace to improve employee wellbeing and productivity – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 11 January 2017
- Report calls for 'workplace guardians' to support employee wellbeing – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 10 January 2017
- INTERSERVE REPORT CALLS FOR 'WORKPLACE GUARDIANS' – FM World 9 January 2017
- Designing space for virtual collaboration in an untethered world – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 2 January 2017
- VolkerHighways scoops Luton contract worth up to £200m – Transport Network (press release) (registration) (blog) 23 January 2017
- UNIST embarks on journey to develop ultrafast train – Phys.Org 23 January 2017
- A 250USt telecrawler – Cranes Today 23 January 2017
- Second phase of Sighthill regeneration project to begin – Scottish Housing News 23 January 2017
- Trainees on board to help Beverley transport firm LTP keep moving forward – Hull Daily Mail 23 January 2017
- Edinburgh to London in just 40 minutes: how superfast transport could soon become reality – Herald Scotland 22 January 2017
- You can design your own tube map at the London Transport Museum – Time Out London (blog) 13 January 2017
- John Hayes continues his mission to improve station design – Daily Mail 13 January 2017
- New active filaments mimic biology to transport nano-cargo: A new … – Science Daily 11 January 2017
- Faraday Future unveils electric car to rival Tesla – but its "driverless valet" malfunctions during CES demo – Dezeen 4 January 2017
- How Patient Data Access, Education Improve Patient Safety – PatientEngagementHIT.com 20 January 2017
- For the 1st Time, the Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit Will Be Streamed Live in HD Outside … – Yahoo Finance 19 January 2017
- Hospitals issue alerts over patient safety – Pontefract and Castleford Express 19 January 2017
- Betsi Cadwaladr health board 'risking patient' safety claim – BBC News 19 January 2017
- 10 top patient safety issues for 2017 – Becker's Hospital Review 18 January 2017
- Antimicrobial copper products for patient safety to be displayed at Arab Health – News-Medical.net 18 January 2017
- 5th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit Has Sold Out – Yahoo Finance UK 17 January 2017
- NHS crisis: 20 hospitals declare black alert as patient safety no longer assured – The Guardian 11 January 2017
- NHS barcode project aimed at improving patient safety – Digital Health 4 January 2017
- Scan4Safety pilots report early savings and patient safety success – National Health Executive 3 January 2017
- Former 'Strictly Come Dancing' Judge Arlene Phillips To Front New BBC Show About Ageing – Huffington Post UK 23 January 2017
- Kidney disease TREATMENT: Gene breakthrough could prevent chronic condition – Express.co.uk 23 January 2017
- Senior managers lack the people skills to succeed, finds report – CIPD (blog) 23 January 2017
- UK.gov still drowning in legacy tech because no one's boarding Blighty's £700m data centre Ark – The Register 23 January 2017
- Charity says more needs to be done to help employers become hearing loss confident in Somerset – Bridgwater Mercury 23 January 2017
- 'There's a danger of a generation who can't afford to retire' – The Guardian 23 January 2017
- EU-OSHA launches visualisation tool on safety and health of Europe's ageing workforce – EU News 20 January 2017
- Sitting down makes you age by 8 YEARS – Daily Mail 18 January 2017
- Questions raised by an ageing population – The Guardian 16 January 2017
- The new retirement: how an ageing population is transforming Britain – The Guardian 16 January 2017
- European Commission to improve EU health and safety – SHPonline 23 January 2017
- My career: environmental health, late night clubs and the private sector – SHPonline 23 January 2017
- Carer of autistic man who drowned in reservoir admits health and safety breach – Nottingham Post 20 January 2017
- KFC fined £1m over Teesside workers' gravy burns – BBC News 20 January 2017
- Tunisia inquests: Health and safety audit 'did not include security checks' – Travel Weekly UK 19 January 2017
- NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work book – SHPonline 19 January 2017
- Health and safety fears preventing club from returning to abandoned site – residents facing 'impenetrable jungle' – Warrington Guardian 19 January 2017
- Ken Logan awarded MBE for services to health and safety – SHPonline 18 January 2017
- New Year's resolutions for health and safety professionals – SHPonline 13 January 2017
- 7 health and safety myths – from conkers are dangerous to banning … – Somerset Live 2 January 2017