The CIEHF works with it’s PR partner, The McOnie Agency, to raise its profile in the media. The following lists show the publicity this work has generated in the form of clipping booklets, which show instances of articles and mentions in magazines and newspapers.
Download the CIEHF Monthly Cuttings Booklet – February 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The crucial role of human factors in the future of technology, itproportal.com, 07/02/2017.
Page 5: Stress: an ergonomist’s perspective, shponline.co.uk, 10/02/2017.
Page 9: Human Factors in Future Manufacturing, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/02/2017.
Page 10: Health and safety will be top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, tomorrowsfm.com, 23/02/2017.
Page 12: Health and safety will be top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, Tomorrow’s FM, 01/02/2017.
Page 14: CLEANING SHOW PREVIEW SEMINAL SEMINARS, Tomorrow’s Cleaning, 01/02/2017.
Page 17: Health & safety ‘top of agenda’ at Cleaning Show, thecleanzine.com, 23/02/2017.
Page 19: Keep up to date on key issues, cleaning-matters.co.uk, 16/02/2017.
Page 23: Seminar Programme, Cleaning & Maintenance , 01/02/2017.
Page 25: Health and Safety top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, Building & Facilities Management, 01/02/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – January 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: MEPs want EU rules for ‘the rise of the robots’ – including an off switch, and a legal status of “electronic persons”, hrnews.co.uk, 13/01/2017.
Page 4: MEPs call for robot regulations: A balanced view, hrmagazine.co.uk, 20/01/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – December 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, Safety Management, 01/12/2016.
Page 3: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, britsafe.org, 01/12/2016.
Page 5: Showtime for wellbeing, healthandsafetyatwork.com, 07/12/2016.
Page 7: Show-time for wellbeing, Health & Safety at Work, 01/12/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – November 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The role of human factors in the future of manufacturing, themanufacturer.com, 27/11/2016.
Page 4: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Petroleum Review, 01/11/2016.
Page 5: Human-centred strategy sets the standard, Bulletin (British Frozen Food Federation), 01/11/2016.
Page 6: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Energy World, 01/11/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – October 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Job cuts shouldn’t mean safety cuts, Petroleum Review, 01/10/2016.
Page 3: ‘Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation’ wellbeing standard launched, shponline.co.uk, 10/10/2016.
Page 5: Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation , SHP Daily Update, 10/10/2016.
Page 8: THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY?, FM World, 01/10/2016.
Download the September 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/09/2016.
Page 3: ‘Human-centered’ wellbeing standard launched, FMWorld, 01/09/2016.
Page 4: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 01/09/2016.
Page 7: New BS ISO 27500 standard focuses on human wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/09/2016.
Page 10: Why your business must get personal protective equipment right, smallbusiness.co.uk, 13/09/2016.
Page 12: Human factors and ergonomics for the dental profession, Dental Update, 01/09/2016.
Page 16: The human factor in interior design, Bristol Business Post, 01/10/2016.
Download the August 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 31/08/2016.
Page 3: Better by design: why human-centered businesses boost wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work, 23/08/2016.
Page 6: Steve Barraclough on why a new ISO standard on design could help increase wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work Twitter, 24/08/2016.
Download the July 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Nerf guns, beds and beanbag areas: what makes a productive office?, theguardian.com, 07/07/2016.
Page 4: Luxury driverless cars: an ethical dilemma, billionaire.com, 27/07/2016.
Page 5: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/07/2016.
Page 6: How to reduce human failure, The Chemical Engineer, 01/07/2016.
Page 12: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, hazardexonthenet.net, 20/07/2016.
Download the June 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Designers and engineers urged to enter the Ergonomics Design Award 2016, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 3: The Ergonomics Design Award 2016 is open for entries, architectsdatafile.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 4: Shortfall of 42,000 occ health specialists, Health & Safety at Work, 01/06/2016.
Download the May 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The H Factor, Energy, Oil & Gas, 01/04/2016.
Page 5: MMC discount rate extended, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/05/2016.
Page 6: Take a tour of Aston Martin at WM conference next month, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 7: Aston Marting offers exclusive factory tour at MMC, worksmanagement.co.uk, 04/05/2016.
Page 8: Manufacturing Management Conference 2016, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 9: Display screen regulations & risk assessment, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 10: Welcome to BIFM Training, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 11: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, Hazard Ex, 01/05/2016.
Download the April 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Latest CIEHF publication recognises ‘The Human Connection’, Tomorrow’s Health & Safety, 26/04/2016.
Page 4: Improving lives, business and society with ‘The Human Connection’, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 6: Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors announces new president, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 8: New CIEHF president to foster link between research and practice, fmj.co.uk, 22/04/16.
Page 11: New President at CIEHF to foster link between research and practice, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 21/04/16.
Page 13: Calendar HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/04/16.
Page 15: Day 1 – Conference, Works Management, 01/04/16. Page 16: Present and correct, Dealer Support, 01/04/16.
Download the March 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Long-term effects of virtual reality use need more research, say scientists, theguardian.com, 19/03/16.
Page 4: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/03/16.
Page 5: Ergonomic personal protective equipment design saves lives, International Fire Fighter, 01/03/16.
Page 6: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16.
Page 9: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16. Page 17: Ergonomics & Human Factors 2016 19-21 April, Daventry, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/03/16.
Page 18: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/03/16.
Page 20: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, fmj.co.uk, 10/03/16.
Page 22: Training + events, Health & Safety at Work, 01/04/16. Page 23: Ergonomics and Human Factors 2016, Health & Safety at Work, 02/03/16.
Page 24: HSE Chair: Event speeches during 2016 – notes and accompanying slides, hse.gov.uk, 30/03/16.
Download the February 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, Plant Engineer, 01/01/16.
Page 8: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 01/01/16.
Page 12: The Growth of Women in Male-Dominated Industries, huffingtonpost.co.uk, 24/02/16.
Page 15: Industry bodies aim to reduce risk of medication errors, epmmagazine.com, 02/02/16.
Page 17: New groups aims to reduce risk of medication errors, EPM (European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer), 01/01/16.
Page 19: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, Clinical Services Journal, 01/02/16.
Page 20: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, clinicalservicesjournal.com, 15/02/16.
Download the January 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, WorksManagement.co.uk, 20/01/16.
Page 7: MAS suicide, Works Management, 01/01/16.
Page 14: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/01/16.
Page 15: CIEHF event explores cabin pressure, Health & Safety at Work, 27/01/16.
Page 16: Stephen Barraclough: Ergonomics can help employees thrive, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 17: How the physical workplace can help manage musculoskeletal disorders, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 21: How will humans react to driverless cars?, bbc.co.uk, 07/01/16.
Page 22: Unified Bridge: an ergonomic design concept, telegraph.co.uk, 29/01/16.
The following news items are compiled by Google News.
- Gogoro 2 Smart Electric Scooter with Better Ergonomics, Handling and a New Powertrain Announced – Technology Personalized 25 May 2017
- Fork Truck Free Pioneer Topper Industrial Focuses on Ergonomic … – Press Release Rocket 24 May 2017
- SAFE Structures expands product line through agreement with Eidos Ergonomics – Vertical Magazine (press release) 23 May 2017
- The human factor: changing the ergonomics of medtech – Medical Plastics News 18 May 2017
- Ergonomic evaluations prevent work-related injury – Colorado State University News (press release) 16 May 2017
- Workplace ergonomics: How to avoid shoulder, neck and back pain – Philly.com 16 May 2017
- Ergonomic standards increase control room productivity – SourceSecurity.com 15 May 2017
- Can Better Ergonomics Relieve the Stress of Material Mishandling? – Material Handling & Logistics 15 May 2017
- Ergonomics, physician wellness plays big role in endoscopists' health – Healio 8 May 2017
- Improving Office Ergonomics With LifeSpan's Product Line – Geek.com – Geek 30 April 2017
- No green light for latest traffic light app following expert evaluation – Phys.Org 26 May 2017
- Human factors the focus of search-and-rescue technician accident probe – Winnipeg Free Press 26 May 2017
- Investigation into death of SAR Tech focusing on “human factors … – Ottawa Citizen 25 May 2017
- You May Be A Scientist And Not Know It – NC State News 25 May 2017
- The human factor: changing the ergonomics of medtech – Medical Plastics News 18 May 2017
- Titan Medical Completes Initial Formative Human Factors Studies for … – Marketwired (press release) 17 May 2017
- Do You Subject Your Packaging to Human Factors Studies? – Medical Device and Diagnostics Industry (blog) 16 May 2017
- The human factors of panel layout – Control Design 10 May 2017
- New report reveals how "human factors," including gender balance … – ZDNet 8 May 2017
- The human factors contributing to extinction – Press TV 27 April 2017
- Most council websites now work well on smartphones – UKAuthority.com (press release) (blog) 26 May 2017
- At Bio-IT World, CIOs Share Thoughts On Data Security, Software Obsolescence, Usability – GenomeWeb 25 May 2017
- HHS' New Health IT Lead Speaks Out on EHR Usability, Interoperability – Healthcare Informatics 25 May 2017
- Citrix Synergy 2017: SCL Health Gains Usability, Security via VDI Technology – BizTech Magazine 25 May 2017
- The 7 Most Important Website Usability Factors – Tech.Co 21 May 2017
- Increase the Usability of Your Smart Card System with Universal JCards – The London Economic 16 May 2017
- How to Boost Usability with Intelligent Color Choices – SitePoint 9 May 2017
- Without usability testing, users will hate your credit union website design – CUinsight.com (press release) 5 May 2017
- Practice Fusion Blog – Practice Fusion Blog (blog) 4 May 2017
- MAURO Usability Science Adds Emotional-Response and Neuroscience Methodologies to Extensive Battery of … – Yahoo Finance 3 May 2017
- Android 'Cloak and Dagger' Attacks Uses Overlays and Accessibility to Deceive Users – NDTV 26 May 2017
- Cabinet to discuss development and accessibility of Jerusalem – Israel Hayom 26 May 2017
- Fort Smith parks director seeks input on accessibility – News – Times … – Times Record 26 May 2017
- Recently revealed "Cloak & Dagger" Android attack uses overlays and accessibility services to deceive users – Android Police 25 May 2017
- Newsroom : Ontario Honours Outstanding Accessibility Leaders – Government of Ontario News 25 May 2017
- AMI partners with prominent web organization to further encourage … – GlobeNewswire (press release) 25 May 2017
- Gamasutra – How to approach accessibility in progression-driven … – Gamasutra 25 May 2017
- Android Overlay and Accessibility Features Leave Millions at Risk … – Threatpost 24 May 2017
- WWDC 2017 Wish List: 4 accessibility features Apple needs to add to iOS and macOS – Macworld (blog) 24 May 2017
- Socitm's advanced accessibility test passed by 134 councils … – PublicTechnology.net 16 May 2017
- Studio O+A: Twelve True Tales of Workplace Design – Dexigner 26 May 2017
- A Newtonian perspective on productivity, reason and creativity – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 26 May 2017
- 'Incorporating tech vital to business – but so are people' – BusinessCloud 26 May 2017
- Accelerate Live! talk: Applying machine learning to building design, Daniel Davis, WeWork – Building Design + Construction (press release) (registration) 24 May 2017
- What to see at Clerkenwell Design Week – Architects' Journal 24 May 2017
- The workplace of the future – putting people at the centre – Human Capital 23 May 2017
- Hem, WeWork and Philippe Malouin discuss the future of office design – Dezeen 18 May 2017
- A nuanced approach to the design of the coworking office – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 17 May 2017
- Today's workplaces need to offer a broader choice of environments – Property Week 4 May 2017
- Some uncomfortable truths about sitting down at work – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 28 April 2017
- Traffic control is the last bastion of institutionalised inequality – Transport Network (press release) (registration) (blog) 26 May 2017
- Optimising investment in transport in an uncertain future – TransportXtra 26 May 2017
- No divine right for transport planners… – TransportXtra 26 May 2017
- Dualling plans drawn up for Buncrana Road – Derry Journal 26 May 2017
- Ostrava tram design revealed – International Railway Journal 25 May 2017
- RCA appoints Apple design chief Jony Ive as new chancellor – Design Week 25 May 2017
- Go-ahead for 700 Perth and Kinross homes – PlanningResource (subscription) 25 May 2017
- The new West Croydon bus station which split opinion on how it looks has won an architecture award – Croydon Advertiser 24 May 2017
- How Disney's New 'Avatar' Land Uses Microscopic Design Elements To Transport Guests – Forbes 17 May 2017
- Mine the gap: Transport for London hopes to profit from licensing its brand overseas – The Guardian 6 May 2017
- Philly patient-safety activist lauded for courage, commitment – Philly.com 26 May 2017
- ISMP tool helps community pharmacies put patient safety first – Pharmacy Today, American Pharmacists Association, pharmacist.com 26 May 2017
- Pa.'s Patient Safety Authority—Working to Prevent Medical Errors – The Legal Intelligencer 25 May 2017
- Patient Safety Must Be the First Priority for Approving New Biosimilars – Morning Consult 25 May 2017
- Royal Surrey Wins National Patient Safety Award – The Guildford Dragon NEWS 23 May 2017
- Private surgery 'needs better patient safety regulation' – BBC News 17 May 2017
- Infographic: Ensuring Patient Safety with Medical Device Testing – Smithers Pira (press release) 17 May 2017
- 'A disregard for patient safety' – Sheffield surgeon struck off after three botched operations – The Star 15 May 2017
- KGH shuts down external IT systems to "maintain patient safety" amid ransomware alert – Northamptonshire Telegraph 12 May 2017
- Hopson: Uncompetitive pay taking its toll on patient safety – National Health Executive 8 May 2017
- Hereford Times opinion: Time to allow 16-year-olds to have their say – Hereford Times 26 May 2017
- Holyrood and Westminster must "put politics aside" say industry chiefs – The Scotsman 26 May 2017
- Investing in success: NHS priorities for politicians over the next five years – National Health Executive 26 May 2017
- There's a new anti-ageing gin but we're just not that convinced – Metro 26 May 2017
- Don't want to work until you are 70? You will have to, says WEF – The Guardian 26 May 2017
- Meeting to create new committee for Holbeach Civic Society – Spalding Guardian 25 May 2017
- Population ageing and growth of working-age population will occur at slower pace – ILO – Fijivillage 24 May 2017
- How can services meet the needs of older refugees? – The Guardian 24 May 2017
- Blow founder Fiona McIntosh on ageing beauty, the natural look and her game-changing app – Evening Standard 22 May 2017
- Fighting 50: Everything you need to know about anti-ageing and the … – Mirror.co.uk 9 May 2017
- Health and safety tips ahead of summer pool season – Cleveland 19 News 26 May 2017
- Budget failed on health and safety – Stuff.co.nz 26 May 2017
- First batch of winners from NHBC Health and Safety Awards announced – Building Products 25 May 2017
- Meet the woman who works as a health and safety boss in traditionally male-dominated construction industry and loves it – insider.co.uk 25 May 2017
- Sentencing begins over health and safety breaches which claimed … – Bury Free Press 24 May 2017
- Health and Safety Awareness in Estate Agencies – The London Economic 24 May 2017
- Spalding care home accused of breaching health and safety … – Spalding Guardian 22 May 2017
- Kids in tears after council BANS trampoline from their garden over 'health and safety' fears – The Sun 22 May 2017
- Health and safety chiefs ban kids from using trampoline | Daily Mail … – Daily Mail 21 May 2017
- Barbour Podcast: Transforming Health and Safety without falling foul … – FMJ 19 May 2017