The CIEHF works with it’s PR partner, The McOnie Agency, to raise its profile in the media. The following lists show the publicity this work has generated in the form of clipping booklets, which show instances of articles and mentions in magazines and newspapers.
Download the CIEHF Monthly Cuttings Booklet – February 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The crucial role of human factors in the future of technology, itproportal.com, 07/02/2017.
Page 5: Stress: an ergonomist’s perspective, shponline.co.uk, 10/02/2017.
Page 9: Human Factors in Future Manufacturing, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/02/2017.
Page 10: Health and safety will be top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, tomorrowsfm.com, 23/02/2017.
Page 12: Health and safety will be top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, Tomorrow’s FM, 01/02/2017.
Page 14: CLEANING SHOW PREVIEW SEMINAL SEMINARS, Tomorrow’s Cleaning, 01/02/2017.
Page 17: Health & safety ‘top of agenda’ at Cleaning Show, thecleanzine.com, 23/02/2017.
Page 19: Keep up to date on key issues, cleaning-matters.co.uk, 16/02/2017.
Page 23: Seminar Programme, Cleaning & Maintenance , 01/02/2017.
Page 25: Health and Safety top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, Building & Facilities Management, 01/02/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – January 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: MEPs want EU rules for ‘the rise of the robots’ – including an off switch, and a legal status of “electronic persons”, hrnews.co.uk, 13/01/2017.
Page 4: MEPs call for robot regulations: A balanced view, hrmagazine.co.uk, 20/01/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – December 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, Safety Management, 01/12/2016.
Page 3: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, britsafe.org, 01/12/2016.
Page 5: Showtime for wellbeing, healthandsafetyatwork.com, 07/12/2016.
Page 7: Show-time for wellbeing, Health & Safety at Work, 01/12/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – November 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The role of human factors in the future of manufacturing, themanufacturer.com, 27/11/2016.
Page 4: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Petroleum Review, 01/11/2016.
Page 5: Human-centred strategy sets the standard, Bulletin (British Frozen Food Federation), 01/11/2016.
Page 6: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Energy World, 01/11/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – October 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Job cuts shouldn’t mean safety cuts, Petroleum Review, 01/10/2016.
Page 3: ‘Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation’ wellbeing standard launched, shponline.co.uk, 10/10/2016.
Page 5: Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation , SHP Daily Update, 10/10/2016.
Page 8: THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY?, FM World, 01/10/2016.
Download the September 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/09/2016.
Page 3: ‘Human-centered’ wellbeing standard launched, FMWorld, 01/09/2016.
Page 4: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 01/09/2016.
Page 7: New BS ISO 27500 standard focuses on human wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/09/2016.
Page 10: Why your business must get personal protective equipment right, smallbusiness.co.uk, 13/09/2016.
Page 12: Human factors and ergonomics for the dental profession, Dental Update, 01/09/2016.
Page 16: The human factor in interior design, Bristol Business Post, 01/10/2016.
Download the August 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 31/08/2016.
Page 3: Better by design: why human-centered businesses boost wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work, 23/08/2016.
Page 6: Steve Barraclough on why a new ISO standard on design could help increase wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work Twitter, 24/08/2016.
Download the July 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Nerf guns, beds and beanbag areas: what makes a productive office?, theguardian.com, 07/07/2016.
Page 4: Luxury driverless cars: an ethical dilemma, billionaire.com, 27/07/2016.
Page 5: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/07/2016.
Page 6: How to reduce human failure, The Chemical Engineer, 01/07/2016.
Page 12: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, hazardexonthenet.net, 20/07/2016.
Download the June 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Designers and engineers urged to enter the Ergonomics Design Award 2016, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 3: The Ergonomics Design Award 2016 is open for entries, architectsdatafile.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 4: Shortfall of 42,000 occ health specialists, Health & Safety at Work, 01/06/2016.
Download the May 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The H Factor, Energy, Oil & Gas, 01/04/2016.
Page 5: MMC discount rate extended, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/05/2016.
Page 6: Take a tour of Aston Martin at WM conference next month, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 7: Aston Marting offers exclusive factory tour at MMC, worksmanagement.co.uk, 04/05/2016.
Page 8: Manufacturing Management Conference 2016, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 9: Display screen regulations & risk assessment, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 10: Welcome to BIFM Training, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 11: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, Hazard Ex, 01/05/2016.
Download the April 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Latest CIEHF publication recognises ‘The Human Connection’, Tomorrow’s Health & Safety, 26/04/2016.
Page 4: Improving lives, business and society with ‘The Human Connection’, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 6: Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors announces new president, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 8: New CIEHF president to foster link between research and practice, fmj.co.uk, 22/04/16.
Page 11: New President at CIEHF to foster link between research and practice, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 21/04/16.
Page 13: Calendar HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/04/16.
Page 15: Day 1 – Conference, Works Management, 01/04/16. Page 16: Present and correct, Dealer Support, 01/04/16.
Download the March 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Long-term effects of virtual reality use need more research, say scientists, theguardian.com, 19/03/16.
Page 4: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/03/16.
Page 5: Ergonomic personal protective equipment design saves lives, International Fire Fighter, 01/03/16.
Page 6: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16.
Page 9: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16. Page 17: Ergonomics & Human Factors 2016 19-21 April, Daventry, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/03/16.
Page 18: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/03/16.
Page 20: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, fmj.co.uk, 10/03/16.
Page 22: Training + events, Health & Safety at Work, 01/04/16. Page 23: Ergonomics and Human Factors 2016, Health & Safety at Work, 02/03/16.
Page 24: HSE Chair: Event speeches during 2016 – notes and accompanying slides, hse.gov.uk, 30/03/16.
Download the February 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, Plant Engineer, 01/01/16.
Page 8: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 01/01/16.
Page 12: The Growth of Women in Male-Dominated Industries, huffingtonpost.co.uk, 24/02/16.
Page 15: Industry bodies aim to reduce risk of medication errors, epmmagazine.com, 02/02/16.
Page 17: New groups aims to reduce risk of medication errors, EPM (European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer), 01/01/16.
Page 19: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, Clinical Services Journal, 01/02/16.
Page 20: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, clinicalservicesjournal.com, 15/02/16.
Download the January 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, WorksManagement.co.uk, 20/01/16.
Page 7: MAS suicide, Works Management, 01/01/16.
Page 14: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/01/16.
Page 15: CIEHF event explores cabin pressure, Health & Safety at Work, 27/01/16.
Page 16: Stephen Barraclough: Ergonomics can help employees thrive, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 17: How the physical workplace can help manage musculoskeletal disorders, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 21: How will humans react to driverless cars?, bbc.co.uk, 07/01/16.
Page 22: Unified Bridge: an ergonomic design concept, telegraph.co.uk, 29/01/16.
The following news items are compiled by Google News.
- Functionality, design and ergonomics – WorldPressOnLine – WorldPressOnline (press release) 23 March 2017
- New E-Book Shares Keys To Building A Successful Ergonomics Team – Yahoo Finance 23 March 2017
- VelocityEHS Highlights New Strategies at 2017 Applied Ergonomics … – Nasdaq 23 March 2017
- Humantech Demonstrates Ergonomics Management Tools At The … – Yahoo Finance 21 March 2017
- Environmental Ergonomics in an Office Workplace – EHS Today 9 March 2017
- Yale claims FLTA Award in Ergonomics – Materials Handling World Magazine 9 March 2017
- Grant awarded to study workplace ergonomics – REMI Network – Real Estate Management Industry Network 8 March 2017
- Industry event adds Google, Hypersphere and CCD Design & Ergonomics to speaker line-up – AV Magazine 8 March 2017
- Liquor distributor pours on the ergonomics – Modern Materials Handling 6 March 2017
- Ergonomics: A clinician finds her preventive cure for the 'hygiene hip' – Dentistry IQ 28 February 2017
- How to turn cyber attacks to your advantage – Financial Times 25 March 2017
- True Crime Novella Highlights Human Factor in Cyber Solutions (Video) – 188.8.131.52 (press release) (registration) (blog) 24 March 2017
- FACETS – The Human Factor In Safe Off-Piste Skiing – InTheSnow 22 March 2017
- Energy Issues – WorldOil (subscription) 14 March 2017
- Aibel contracts Aqualis for human factors analysis – OE Digital – OE Digital 13 March 2017
- Professor/Assoc/Ass Professor in the Areas of Human Factors … – Times Higher Education (THE) 8 March 2017
- Human Factors Responsible For 80% Of Road Crashes – FRSC … – P.M. News 5 March 2017
- Cognition Cockpit Platform and Human Factors Engineering … – Benzinga 1 March 2017
- Patients at risk from 'nested interruptions' in nursing tasks, human … – EurekAlert (press release) 1 March 2017
- HUMAN FACTORS IN FUTURE MANUFACTURING – Works Management 24 February 2017
- 'Accessibility and usability': Why brands are turning to SMS bots … – Digiday 24 March 2017
- IRX 2017 INTERVIEW Stuart McMillan of Schuh on design and usability – InternetRetailing.net 24 March 2017
- Updated ONC SAFER Guides Encourage EHR Usability, Safety – EHRIntelligence.com 22 March 2017
- The key to application success? Usability… – ComputerWeekly.com (blog) 22 March 2017
- Independent Benchmark Study Awards DataXu Platform Highest … – GlobeNewswire (press release) 22 March 2017
- Independent Benchmark Study Awards DataXu Platform Highest Usability Scores – GlobeNewswire (press release) 22 March 2017
- Security Think Tank: Practical steps to increasing security without reducing usability – ComputerWeekly.com 21 March 2017
- Self-administered methotrexate autoinjector confers high usability – Healio 20 March 2017
- When it comes to legacy systems, focus on usability – The Enterprisers Project 2 March 2017
- LG is right, phones need to focus on usability instead of battling it out over specs – TechCrunch 26 February 2017
- Accessibility will be promoted through Colonial Lake fishing tournament – Charleston Post Courier 26 March 2017
- San Bernardino County gets funds for Redlands Rail Accessibility Plan – Redlands Daily Facts 26 March 2017
- How One Man's Quest For A Rainbow Bagel Illustrates The Accessibility Issues Millions Face Every Day – A Plus 25 March 2017
- Edinburgh business launches a new accessibility initiative – The Student 25 March 2017
- Accessibility Aggravation: Patrons want improvements at SaskTel Centre – Saskatoon StarPhoenix 24 March 2017
- Salmond: Parliaments must remain accessible to public – BBC News 24 March 2017
- 'Accessibility and usability': Why brands are turning to SMS bots … – Digiday 24 March 2017
- Passenger watchdog congratulates London councils for boosting bus stop accessibility – MayorWatch 24 March 2017
- Sheffield mum hails 'brilliant' sport and fitness accessibility scheme – The Star 24 March 2017
- Apple buys start-up behind accessibility app Workflow – Financial Times 23 March 2017
- Biophilic Workplace Design: Plants, Wellness and… Germs. – Allwork.Space (press release) 23 March 2017
- SENNHEISER AND WILKHAHN EXPLORE THE INTERSECTION OF WORKPLACE DESIGN AND AUDIO IN NYC – Telecom Reseller (press release) 22 March 2017
- Eyewear Innovation Lab Design Reflects Core Mission – Facility Executive Magazine 21 March 2017
- Workplace Design Trends: Make Way For Millennials – Facility Executive Magazine 20 March 2017
- The Workplace Design Element That Can Drive or Hinder Productivity – Allwork.Space (press release) 16 March 2017
- Activity-based workplace design boosts employee well-being – Construction Dive 8 March 2017
- How has workplace design evolved with time – ETRealty.com 3 March 2017
- Opinion: The 20th century workplace is over – CIPD (blog) 2 March 2017
- Apple's Spaceship Campus Will Lead to More Innovative Workplace Design – Paste Magazine 1 March 2017
- INTERVIEW: Workplace Design Dos and Don'ts With Peldon Rose – Allwork.Space (press release) 1 March 2017
- Forget traffic jams, hail a cab from the sky: Flying TAXIS could be hitting Singapore by 2030 – Daily Mail 24 March 2017
- Hyperloop One rival unveils new designs for high-speed transport … – Design Week 24 March 2017
- News feature: What next for new towns? – Architects' Journal 24 March 2017
- App offers insight into problems faced by visually impaired travellers – TransportXtra 23 March 2017
- Transport for London Endorses Global Street Design Guide – MassTransitMag.com (press release) (registration) (blog) 21 March 2017
- New app will help design suitable transport for people with sight loss – Eurotransport (press release) (registration) (blog) 21 March 2017
- MultiDyne Elevates Fiber Transport Density With LightBrix VB-3600 Series – Live Design 20 March 2017
- Airbus and Italdesign unveil Pop.up urban transport system – Inhabitat – Inhabitat 17 March 2017
- Boeing's '797' Taking Shape as Twin-aisle Design | Air Transport … – Aviation International News 13 March 2017
- Campaigner criticises 'unacceptable' A1307 cycle path design – Cambridge News 3 March 2017
- WISH to attend global ministerial summit on patient safety – Gulf Times – Gulf Times 25 March 2017
- Staff at Royal United Hospital in line for four national patient safety care awards – Bath Echo 24 March 2017
- Experts not surprised that EHR patient safety issues top ECRI report – TechTarget 23 March 2017
- ISLAND MENTAL HEALTH PROJECT NOMINATED FOR PATIENT SAFETY AWARD – Island Echo 21 March 2017
- New protections for NHS whistleblowers who raise patient safety concerns – National Health Executive 20 March 2017
- Deteriorating patient safety fears highlighted by doctors – BT – BT.com 16 March 2017
- Derbyshire NHS Trust takes simple BI approach to secure patient safety – ComputerWeekly.com 14 March 2017
- Web prescriptions put patient safety at risk, watchdog warns – The Times (subscription) 3 March 2017
- Patient safety failures at 81% of trusts | News | The Times & The … – The Times (subscription) 3 March 2017
- Four in five hospitals 'must improve patient safety standards,' chief inspector warns – The Sun 2 March 2017
- How to live with an ageing parent – and not go totally mad – Telegraph.co.uk 26 March 2017
- Let's be more positive about ITPs – FE Week 26 March 2017
- Young widow of cancer victim: Memories of their dad keep us happy – Express.co.uk 26 March 2017
- 'Routine shouldn't take over your life, or it will shrink and narrow right down, and that's what really ages you' – Belfast Telegraph 25 March 2017
- An ageing, privileged baby-boomer's superficial and shallow resentments – Financial Times 24 March 2017
- Drug that reverses ageing and protects from cosmic radiation may be available to buy in three years – News Shopper 24 March 2017
- Drug 'reverses' ageing in animal tests – BBC News 23 March 2017
- Ageing is a disease. Gene therapy could be the 'cure' – Wired.co.uk 23 March 2017
- 'Everything is so much harder as you get older, it's bleak!' Nicole Kidman, 49, discusses ageing and admits she can … – Daily Mail 9 March 2017
- Work out in short sharp bursts to slow the ageing process – The Times (subscription) 8 March 2017
- Could Health and Safety kill off home cooking? – Spectator.co.uk (blog) 26 March 2017
- 'We'll never hear her laugh again': Parents speak out after health and safety failings blamed for daughter crushed … – getwestlondon 24 March 2017
- Health and Safety Executive will investigate if Corrie found at tip … – Bury Free Press 24 March 2017
- Health and Safety Excellence: Winner | Features | Construction News – Construction News 23 March 2017
- Primark URGENTLY recalls children's leggings over health and safety: 'We're taking it very seriously' – OK! Magazine 22 March 2017
- National Federation of Roofing Contractors health and safety honour for Lowestoft-based Apex Roofing – East Anglian Daily Times 21 March 2017
- Colchester nightclub owners slapped with £10,000 fine for health … – East Anglian Daily Times 18 March 2017
- Bosses face jail after trying to cover up health and safety failings which led to death of young dad – Manchester Evening News 15 March 2017
- Alton Towers: Workman injured at Staffordshire theme park … – expressandstar.com 7 March 2017
- Boulby Potash: Health and Safety watchdog 'preparing to launch … – The Northern Echo (registration) 28 February 2017