The CIEHF works with it’s PR partner, The McOnie Agency, to raise its profile in the media. The following lists show the publicity this work has generated in the form of clipping booklets, which show instances of articles and mentions in magazines and newspapers.
Download the CIEHF Monthly Cuttings Booklet – February 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The crucial role of human factors in the future of technology, itproportal.com, 07/02/2017.
Page 5: Stress: an ergonomist’s perspective, shponline.co.uk, 10/02/2017.
Page 9: Human Factors in Future Manufacturing, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/02/2017.
Page 10: Health and safety will be top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, tomorrowsfm.com, 23/02/2017.
Page 12: Health and safety will be top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, Tomorrow’s FM, 01/02/2017.
Page 14: CLEANING SHOW PREVIEW SEMINAL SEMINARS, Tomorrow’s Cleaning, 01/02/2017.
Page 17: Health & safety ‘top of agenda’ at Cleaning Show, thecleanzine.com, 23/02/2017.
Page 19: Keep up to date on key issues, cleaning-matters.co.uk, 16/02/2017.
Page 23: Seminar Programme, Cleaning & Maintenance , 01/02/2017.
Page 25: Health and Safety top of the agenda at the Cleaning Show, Building & Facilities Management, 01/02/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – January 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: MEPs want EU rules for ‘the rise of the robots’ – including an off switch, and a legal status of “electronic persons”, hrnews.co.uk, 13/01/2017.
Page 4: MEPs call for robot regulations: A balanced view, hrmagazine.co.uk, 20/01/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – December 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, Safety Management, 01/12/2016.
Page 3: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, britsafe.org, 01/12/2016.
Page 5: Showtime for wellbeing, healthandsafetyatwork.com, 07/12/2016.
Page 7: Show-time for wellbeing, Health & Safety at Work, 01/12/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – November 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The role of human factors in the future of manufacturing, themanufacturer.com, 27/11/2016.
Page 4: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Petroleum Review, 01/11/2016.
Page 5: Human-centred strategy sets the standard, Bulletin (British Frozen Food Federation), 01/11/2016.
Page 6: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Energy World, 01/11/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – October 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Job cuts shouldn’t mean safety cuts, Petroleum Review, 01/10/2016.
Page 3: ‘Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation’ wellbeing standard launched, shponline.co.uk, 10/10/2016.
Page 5: Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation , SHP Daily Update, 10/10/2016.
Page 8: THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY?, FM World, 01/10/2016.
Download the September 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/09/2016.
Page 3: ‘Human-centered’ wellbeing standard launched, FMWorld, 01/09/2016.
Page 4: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 01/09/2016.
Page 7: New BS ISO 27500 standard focuses on human wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/09/2016.
Page 10: Why your business must get personal protective equipment right, smallbusiness.co.uk, 13/09/2016.
Page 12: Human factors and ergonomics for the dental profession, Dental Update, 01/09/2016.
Page 16: The human factor in interior design, Bristol Business Post, 01/10/2016.
Download the August 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 31/08/2016.
Page 3: Better by design: why human-centered businesses boost wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work, 23/08/2016.
Page 6: Steve Barraclough on why a new ISO standard on design could help increase wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work Twitter, 24/08/2016.
Download the July 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Nerf guns, beds and beanbag areas: what makes a productive office?, theguardian.com, 07/07/2016.
Page 4: Luxury driverless cars: an ethical dilemma, billionaire.com, 27/07/2016.
Page 5: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/07/2016.
Page 6: How to reduce human failure, The Chemical Engineer, 01/07/2016.
Page 12: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, hazardexonthenet.net, 20/07/2016.
Download the June 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Designers and engineers urged to enter the Ergonomics Design Award 2016, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 3: The Ergonomics Design Award 2016 is open for entries, architectsdatafile.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 4: Shortfall of 42,000 occ health specialists, Health & Safety at Work, 01/06/2016.
Download the May 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The H Factor, Energy, Oil & Gas, 01/04/2016.
Page 5: MMC discount rate extended, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/05/2016.
Page 6: Take a tour of Aston Martin at WM conference next month, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 7: Aston Marting offers exclusive factory tour at MMC, worksmanagement.co.uk, 04/05/2016.
Page 8: Manufacturing Management Conference 2016, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 9: Display screen regulations & risk assessment, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 10: Welcome to BIFM Training, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 11: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, Hazard Ex, 01/05/2016.
Download the April 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Latest CIEHF publication recognises ‘The Human Connection’, Tomorrow’s Health & Safety, 26/04/2016.
Page 4: Improving lives, business and society with ‘The Human Connection’, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 6: Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors announces new president, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 8: New CIEHF president to foster link between research and practice, fmj.co.uk, 22/04/16.
Page 11: New President at CIEHF to foster link between research and practice, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 21/04/16.
Page 13: Calendar HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/04/16.
Page 15: Day 1 – Conference, Works Management, 01/04/16. Page 16: Present and correct, Dealer Support, 01/04/16.
Download the March 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Long-term effects of virtual reality use need more research, say scientists, theguardian.com, 19/03/16.
Page 4: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/03/16.
Page 5: Ergonomic personal protective equipment design saves lives, International Fire Fighter, 01/03/16.
Page 6: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16.
Page 9: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16. Page 17: Ergonomics & Human Factors 2016 19-21 April, Daventry, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/03/16.
Page 18: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/03/16.
Page 20: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, fmj.co.uk, 10/03/16.
Page 22: Training + events, Health & Safety at Work, 01/04/16. Page 23: Ergonomics and Human Factors 2016, Health & Safety at Work, 02/03/16.
Page 24: HSE Chair: Event speeches during 2016 – notes and accompanying slides, hse.gov.uk, 30/03/16.
Download the February 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, Plant Engineer, 01/01/16.
Page 8: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 01/01/16.
Page 12: The Growth of Women in Male-Dominated Industries, huffingtonpost.co.uk, 24/02/16.
Page 15: Industry bodies aim to reduce risk of medication errors, epmmagazine.com, 02/02/16.
Page 17: New groups aims to reduce risk of medication errors, EPM (European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer), 01/01/16.
Page 19: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, Clinical Services Journal, 01/02/16.
Page 20: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, clinicalservicesjournal.com, 15/02/16.
Download the January 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, WorksManagement.co.uk, 20/01/16.
Page 7: MAS suicide, Works Management, 01/01/16.
Page 14: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/01/16.
Page 15: CIEHF event explores cabin pressure, Health & Safety at Work, 27/01/16.
Page 16: Stephen Barraclough: Ergonomics can help employees thrive, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 17: How the physical workplace can help manage musculoskeletal disorders, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 21: How will humans react to driverless cars?, bbc.co.uk, 07/01/16.
Page 22: Unified Bridge: an ergonomic design concept, telegraph.co.uk, 29/01/16.
The following news items are compiled by Google News.
- New E-Book Shares Keys To Building A Successful Office … – Yahoo Finance 20 April 2017
- The Galaxy S8's ergonomic compromise is giving me iPhone 8 worries – SlashGear 20 April 2017
- Chief Heavy-Duty Rivet Gun Cabinet Designed to Improve Technician Ergonomics and Productivity – BodyShop Business 19 April 2017
- The Galaxy S8 Plus is an ergonomic marvel – The Verge 19 April 2017
- The Switch's New Battery Pack Accessory Improves Ergonomics In Handheld Mode – Game Revolution 13 April 2017
- Digging past positioning: Hydration, sleep, and sharp instruments influence ergonomic health too – RDH 12 April 2017
- Gallery: Google, HyperSphere & CCD Design & Ergonomics take to the stage at AV Connections – AV Magazine 5 April 2017
- Acura® manual micropipettes – Exceptional ergonomics means superior working comfort – Labmate Online 5 April 2017
- New E-Book Shares Keys To Building A Successful Ergonomics Team – PR Newswire (press release) 23 March 2017
- VelocityEHS Highlights New Strategies at 2017 Applied Ergonomics … – GlobeNewswire (press release) 23 March 2017
- Seeking a natural balance – Orillia Packet & Times 21 April 2017
- 30 Forensic Engineering's Multidisciplinary Approach Provides a 360° View of Slip & Fall Assessments – Canadian Underwriter 21 April 2017
- Fountain of Youth? Young Blood Infusions "Rejuvenate" Old Mice – Scientific American 21 April 2017
- Exponent's (EXPO) CEO Paul Johnston on Q1 2017 Results … – Seeking Alpha 19 April 2017
- Human-system interaction key to autonomous vehicles – The Straits Times 19 April 2017
- Big data study of disaster-related language in social media wins … – Phys.Org 19 April 2017
- Despite Relatively Less Distraction From Head-Up Displays, It's Still … – Newswise (press release) 13 April 2017
- Climate change down to solar and human factors – The Sunshine Coast Daily 5 April 2017
- Technology, Human Factors In Oil, Gas Continue Evolving | Oil and … – Oil and Gas Investor (registration) 30 March 2017
- True Crime Novella Highlights Human Factor in Cyber Solutions (Video) – 188.8.131.52 (press release) (registration) (blog) 24 March 2017
- Macola 10.5 ERP release adds sizzle with usability, user experience … – ChannelBuzz.ca 20 April 2017
- The Most Usable Professional Service Automation Software … – Benzinga 19 April 2017
- Microsoft PowerApps, Flow add connectors, SharePoint usability, outreach to deskless workforce – MSDynamicsWorld.com 17 April 2017
- 'US mega-bomb usability limited, but makes dramatic show of force to Syria, N. Korea & Russia' – RT 14 April 2017
- Lunyr partners with blockchain startup Airbitz to boost usability and adoption of platform – EconoTimes 13 April 2017
- Ombudsman: Centrelink OCI lacking usability and transparency – Computerworld Australia 10 April 2017
- Data interpretation key to farmer usability – Western Producer (subscription) 6 April 2017
- Security Think Tank: Four guidelines on how balance security, usability and cost – ComputerWeekly.com 29 March 2017
- 'Accessibility and usability': Why brands are turning to SMS bots … – Digiday 24 March 2017
- IRX 2017 INTERVIEW Stuart McMillan of Schuh on design and usability – InternetRetailing.net 24 March 2017
- Nearly blind runner competes in Boston Marathon with help of digital eyes – BGR 21 April 2017
- Ontario companies compete for $20000 in accessibility-focused pitch competition at Discovery 2017 – Yahoo Finance 21 April 2017
- Accessible Icon Update: New Federal Guidance Deepens Quandary for Businesses Facing Contradictory State … – Lexology (registration) 21 April 2017
- Lawmakers consider rules that would add accessibility to new … – KHON2 21 April 2017
- Accessibility Support – DesMoinesRegister.com 21 April 2017
- The EIT Accessibility Program Reveals its New Name: The Accessibility Network at UC – University of Cincinnati 21 April 2017
- Chicago Board of Election Commissioners Ensures ADA Accessibility For Polling Sites By 2018 – CBS Chicago 20 April 2017
- BBVA Compass' redesigned website showcases emphasis on clear … – Yahoo Finance 20 April 2017
- Businesses receive recognition for accessibility – Indiana Daily Student 19 April 2017
- No accessible washrooms at department in charge of Accessibility … – CBC.ca 19 April 2017
- Your next office might be inspired by an elementary school – Quartz 21 April 2017
- Shared office evangelist WeWork is now designing private offices – Quartz 19 April 2017
- India's 'Third Age of Connectivity' will change everything from family mealtimes to workplace design – Economic Times 19 April 2017
- Jobs should be redesigned to improve wellbeing – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 19 April 2017
- Workplace design must change to combat "epidemic" stress levels says UNStudio founder – Dezeen 13 April 2017
- Wendy Elford's passion for workplace design boosted by autism diagnosis – The Canberra Times 31 March 2017
- Design Commission publishes report on how design shapes people's behaviour – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 29 March 2017
- Video: The dos and don'ts of game dev workplace design – Gamasutra 27 March 2017
- What Your Millennial Employees Really Want in Office Design (It's Not Just a Ping Pong Table) – Inc.com 23 March 2017
- Biophilic Workplace Design: Plants, Wellness and… Germs. – Allwork.Space (press release) 23 March 2017
- 'Cyclists Dismount': still a sign of our times – TransportXtra 21 April 2017
- New container offers increased protection for apple & pear transport – FreshPlaza 21 April 2017
- Foster + Partners plans redundancies after 'market uncertainty' – Construction News 21 April 2017
- In pictures: Go-ahead for Stockport's £42m transport interchange – Construction News 21 April 2017
- Lidl/M&S transport spin-off – Dunfermline Press 20 April 2017
- 13 stations of the Mega Manila subway unveiled – Philippine Star 20 April 2017
- flydubai hires firm to design cabins for new aircraft – ArabianBusiness.com 8 April 2017
- NTDC puts transport design on track for for post-grads – The Engineer 7 April 2017
- Students design RTA public transport chat app | GulfNews.com – gulfnews.com 28 March 2017
- Hyperloop One rival unveils new designs for high-speed transport … – Design Week 24 March 2017
- Patient Safety Errors are Common with Electronic Health Record Use – Health IT Analytics 21 April 2017
- 14 California hospitals fined $1M+ for patient safety issues – Becker's Hospital Review 21 April 2017
- Baptist Health Corbin receives 'A' grade for patient safety – The News Journal 21 April 2017
- Patient safety: Holyoke Medical, 2 Baystate hospitals earn 'A' ratings, while Mercy gets a 'C' – MassLive.com 20 April 2017
- Patient safety expert Sir Liam Donaldson wants to get rid of the … – The Sydney Morning Herald 18 April 2017
- Leaked documents show a powerful patient safety group wants to keep the mesh implant scandal hidden – Wisbech Standard 18 April 2017
- 50 experts leading the field of patient safety | 2017 – Becker's Hospital Review 17 April 2017
- Improving engagement with patient safety through educational events – Nursing Times 10 April 2017
- Patient safety: A public health crisis for a nation of patients – Stat – STAT 10 April 2017
- Data Security Tips For Patient Safety Awareness Week – ISBuzz News 4 April 2017
- More households to be built around Loch Lomond – The Dumbarton and Vale of Leven Reporter 21 April 2017
- Dementia news: Stimulation through work or learning is the best way to beat condition – Express.co.uk 21 April 2017
- Roadworks warning ahead of major gas works – Blackpool Gazette 21 April 2017
- Waiting times for cancer tests criticised – Yorkshire Post 21 April 2017
- The New Art Of Ageing – The End of 'Anti-Ageing' As You Know It – ELLE UK 20 April 2017
- Umbilical cord blood could slow brain's ageing, study suggests – The Guardian 19 April 2017
- We need to do right by old people | Ageing and pensions | Health … – Spiked 13 April 2017
- Billionaire Jim Mellon invests in anti-ageing research firm – pharmaphorum 11 April 2017
- Unpicking the links between dietary restriction and ageing – Cambridge Network 30 March 2017
- Drug that reverses ageing could be available to buy in just three years time – Mirror.co.uk 23 March 2017
- 10 Health and Safety Tips for Safety Managers [Infographic] – EHS Today 21 April 2017
- News in Brief (21/04/2017) – letsrecycle.com 21 April 2017
- Becketts Foods fined £370,000 after pleading guilty to health and … – The Business Desk 21 April 2017
- Barbour webinar: A New Skillset? Employability in the Health and Safety Profession – FMJ 19 April 2017
- Nestlé recall batch of KitKat sharing bags due to health and safety … – Surrey Mirror 19 April 2017
- Running a small food business: Essential health and safety information – SmallBusiness.co.uk 19 April 2017
- Spedeworth charged with health and safety offences relating to Foxhall Stadium – Ipswich Star 18 April 2017
- 60000 to down tools for health and safety campaign – Transport Network (press release) (registration) (blog) 18 April 2017
- Why the Health and Safety at Work Act is perhaps the most important law of a generation – Legal Cheek (blog) 18 April 2017
- Nursery defies health and safety and gets Ofsted approval – Daily Mail – Daily Mail 14 April 2017