The CIEHF works with it’s PR partner, The McOnie Agency, to raise its profile in the media. The following lists show the publicity this work has generated in the form of clipping booklets, which show instances of articles and mentions in magazines and newspapers.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – January 2017 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: MEPs want EU rules for ‘the rise of the robots’ – including an off switch, and a legal status of “electronic persons”, hrnews.co.uk, 13/01/2017.
Page 4: MEPs call for robot regulations: A balanced view, hrmagazine.co.uk, 20/01/2017.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – December 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, Safety Management, 01/12/2016.
Page 3: Ignorance isn’t bliss when it comes to stress, britsafe.org, 01/12/2016.
Page 5: Showtime for wellbeing, healthandsafetyatwork.com, 07/12/2016.
Page 7: Show-time for wellbeing, Health & Safety at Work, 01/12/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – November 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The role of human factors in the future of manufacturing, themanufacturer.com, 27/11/2016.
Page 4: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Petroleum Review, 01/11/2016.
Page 5: Human-centred strategy sets the standard, Bulletin (British Frozen Food Federation), 01/11/2016.
Page 6: Human factors in high-hazard industries: doing more with less, Energy World, 01/11/2016.
Download the CIEHF Clippings Booklet – October 2016 and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Job cuts shouldn’t mean safety cuts, Petroleum Review, 01/10/2016.
Page 3: ‘Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation’ wellbeing standard launched, shponline.co.uk, 10/10/2016.
Page 5: Understanding BS ISO 27500 – The Human-centred Organisation , SHP Daily Update, 10/10/2016.
Page 8: THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY?, FM World, 01/10/2016.
Download the September 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/09/2016.
Page 3: ‘Human-centered’ wellbeing standard launched, FMWorld, 01/09/2016.
Page 4: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 01/09/2016.
Page 7: New BS ISO 27500 standard focuses on human wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/09/2016.
Page 10: Why your business must get personal protective equipment right, smallbusiness.co.uk, 13/09/2016.
Page 12: Human factors and ergonomics for the dental profession, Dental Update, 01/09/2016.
Page 16: The human factor in interior design, Bristol Business Post, 01/10/2016.
Download the August 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: People at the heart of new BS ISO 27500 standard, Health and Safety Matters, 31/08/2016.
Page 3: Better by design: why human-centered businesses boost wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work, 23/08/2016.
Page 6: Steve Barraclough on why a new ISO standard on design could help increase wellbeing, Health + Safety at Work Twitter, 24/08/2016.
Download the July 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Nerf guns, beds and beanbag areas: what makes a productive office?, theguardian.com, 07/07/2016.
Page 4: Luxury driverless cars: an ethical dilemma, billionaire.com, 27/07/2016.
Page 5: The human factor, Safety Management, 01/07/2016.
Page 6: How to reduce human failure, The Chemical Engineer, 01/07/2016.
Page 12: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, hazardexonthenet.net, 20/07/2016.
Download the June 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Designers and engineers urged to enter the Ergonomics Design Award 2016, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 3: The Ergonomics Design Award 2016 is open for entries, architectsdatafile.co.uk, 06/06/2016.
Page 4: Shortfall of 42,000 occ health specialists, Health & Safety at Work, 01/06/2016.
Download the May 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: The H Factor, Energy, Oil & Gas, 01/04/2016.
Page 5: MMC discount rate extended, worksmanagement.co.uk, 24/05/2016.
Page 6: Take a tour of Aston Martin at WM conference next month, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 7: Aston Marting offers exclusive factory tour at MMC, worksmanagement.co.uk, 04/05/2016.
Page 8: Manufacturing Management Conference 2016, Works Management, 01/05/2016.
Page 9: Display screen regulations & risk assessment, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 10: Welcome to BIFM Training, FM World, 19/05/2016.
Page 11: A practical view of the contribution of human error and safety critical task analysis in the prevention of major accident events, Hazard Ex, 01/05/2016.
Download the April 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Latest CIEHF publication recognises ‘The Human Connection’, Tomorrow’s Health & Safety, 26/04/2016.
Page 4: Improving lives, business and society with ‘The Human Connection’, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 6: Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors announces new president, shponline.co.uk, 22/04/2016.
Page 8: New CIEHF president to foster link between research and practice, fmj.co.uk, 22/04/16.
Page 11: New President at CIEHF to foster link between research and practice, buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk, 21/04/16.
Page 13: Calendar HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/04/16.
Page 15: Day 1 – Conference, Works Management, 01/04/16. Page 16: Present and correct, Dealer Support, 01/04/16.
Download the March 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Long-term effects of virtual reality use need more research, say scientists, theguardian.com, 19/03/16.
Page 4: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/03/16.
Page 5: Ergonomic personal protective equipment design saves lives, International Fire Fighter, 01/03/16.
Page 6: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16.
Page 9: The H Factor, Energy Oil & Gas, 01/03/16. Page 17: Ergonomics & Human Factors 2016 19-21 April, Daventry, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, 01/03/16.
Page 18: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, Facilities Management Journal, 01/03/16.
Page 20: Ergonomics, Productivity and Wellbeing, fmj.co.uk, 10/03/16.
Page 22: Training + events, Health & Safety at Work, 01/04/16. Page 23: Ergonomics and Human Factors 2016, Health & Safety at Work, 02/03/16.
Page 24: HSE Chair: Event speeches during 2016 – notes and accompanying slides, hse.gov.uk, 30/03/16.
Download the February 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, Plant Engineer, 01/01/16.
Page 8: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 01/01/16.
Page 12: The Growth of Women in Male-Dominated Industries, huffingtonpost.co.uk, 24/02/16.
Page 15: Industry bodies aim to reduce risk of medication errors, epmmagazine.com, 02/02/16.
Page 17: New groups aims to reduce risk of medication errors, EPM (European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer), 01/01/16.
Page 19: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, Clinical Services Journal, 01/02/16.
Page 20: New human factors group aims to reduce errors, clinicalservicesjournal.com, 15/02/16.
Download the January 2016 CIEHF clippings booklet and see where we’ve been in the news:
Page 2: Trip advisor, WorksManagement.co.uk, 20/01/16.
Page 7: MAS suicide, Works Management, 01/01/16.
Page 14: Human factors in practice, National Health Executive, 27/01/16.
Page 15: CIEHF event explores cabin pressure, Health & Safety at Work, 27/01/16.
Page 16: Stephen Barraclough: Ergonomics can help employees thrive, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 17: How the physical workplace can help manage musculoskeletal disorders, employeebenefits.co.uk, 27/01/16.
Page 21: How will humans react to driverless cars?, bbc.co.uk, 07/01/16.
Page 22: Unified Bridge: an ergonomic design concept, telegraph.co.uk, 29/01/16.
The following news items are compiled by Google News.
- Tattoo Artist Industry Lacks Ergonomic Guidelines, According to Study – Physical Therapy Products 20 February 2017
- Ergonomics: A meeting of posture, movement and human factors engineering – InsideHalton.com 17 February 2017
- For good office ergonomics, avoid these 5 risks – Safety+Health magazine 16 February 2017
- Ergonomic considerations for the design stage – REMI Network – Real Estate Management Industry Network 16 February 2017
- Conveyor system helps cheese packer improve ergonomics – Design World Network 13 February 2017
- Hand-tool makers emphasize safety and ergonomics – MRO Magazine 13 February 2017
- VIDEO: Mechanical Fastening Tools Advance in Ergonomics and Noise Reduction – ENGINEERING.com 10 February 2017
- Australia Lags In Workplace Ergonomics – Sourceable 7 February 2017
- New Ergonomics Seminar Uses Technology and a Better Approach … – PR Newswire (press release) 2 February 2017
- Razer Updates The BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard: New … – AnandTech 24 January 2017
- Hacker Kevin Mitnick on the dangers of human factors for health … – Healthcare IT News 19 February 2017
- Human Factors Faculty and Students to Participate in International … – ERAU News 17 February 2017
- Ergonomics: A meeting of posture, movement and human factors engineering – InsideHalton.com 17 February 2017
- FDA Exempts Evoke from Requirement for Human Factor Validation … – Yahoo Finance 15 February 2017
- Researchers say climate models understate risk, ignore human … – UPI.com 8 February 2017
- Building a better model of human-automation interaction | EurekAlert … – EurekAlert (press release) 7 February 2017
- The crucial role of human factors in the future of technology – ITProPortal 7 February 2017
- One Day Workshop: Human Factors and Usability Engineering in … – Yahoo Finance 30 January 2017
- Renfrew Group's Michael Phillips: Incorporating human factors in engineering is absolutely critical in the medical … – Eureka 24 January 2017
- Why you should care about human factors – Packaging Digest 23 January 2017
- Getting Usability Right with Your LMS – TrainingZone.co.uk (blog) 20 February 2017
- Citing Poor Usability, Only 12% Of Employees Use Enterprise Apps … – ARC 20 February 2017
- Improved IT Usability is about Better Physician Work Flows – Diagnostic Imaging 17 February 2017
- Govt web teams often neglect usability – Technology Decisions 13 February 2017
- Must-Read Tips On How To Improve Site Usability For Better Conversions – Search Engine People (blog) 13 February 2017
- Vivaldi 1.7: screenshots and usability improvements – Ghacks Technology News 8 February 2017
- Report: Total experience quality: integrating performance, usability, and application design – Gigaom 31 January 2017
- Root Cause Analysis: Adventures in Medical Device Usability – Medical Device and Diagnostics Industry (blog) 26 January 2017
- 10 of the best usability testing tools to help optimise your website on a budget – Creative Boom (blog) 26 January 2017
- The 5 common automotive HMI usability pitfalls – Autoblog (blog) 23 January 2017
- Governor announces plan to expand broadband accessibility – WVLT 20 February 2017
- The Physics Room aiming to make contemporary art more accessible – The Press 20 February 2017
- American Well Announces Strategic Partnership with Samsung Electronics to Transform Healthcare Accessibility – Yahoo Finance 20 February 2017
- Liberals to take another crack at revamped Accessibility Act – CBC.ca 18 February 2017
- Court drops more than 1,000 'frivolous' accessibility suits, Arizona … – AZCentral.com 18 February 2017
- Snow Limits Accessibility for Those With Disabilities – NBC Boston 18 February 2017
- UK retailers still failing to meet web accessibility standards – Econsultancy (blog) 16 February 2017
- Improving Talgo accessibility – Railway Gazette International 16 February 2017
- Accessibility for the 100%: Delivering an Accessible Digital Workplace in Government – Civil Service World 14 February 2017
- Accessibility and ownership of the UK's railways – The Guardian 27 January 2017
- Employees prefer effective workplace technology to wacky office design – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 16 February 2017
- Why workplace design should reflect your business branding – Business Grapevine 15 February 2017
- Progressive workplace design meets Sky's high standards – Property Week 10 February 2017
- ISS acquires strategic workplace management and design firm – European Cleaning Journal 9 February 2017
- New study reveals workplace design is failing knowledge workers – FMJ 8 February 2017
- ISS acquires workplace management and design business – FMJ 7 February 2017
- ISS BUYS WORKPLACE MANAGEMENT AND DESIGN FIRM – FM World 6 February 2017
- WORKPLACE DESIGN IS FAILING KNOWLEDGE WORKERS, SAYS STUDY – FM World 3 February 2017
- The Boston Consulting Group: pushing the art and science of workplace design – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 1 February 2017
- Physical spaces should be designed to support the digital workplace – Workplace Insight (press release) (registration) (blog) 25 January 2017
- Laurencekirk flyover work could start in 2021 – The Courier 18 February 2017
- Building connected communities – TransportXtra 17 February 2017
- Deadline looms for huge London design framework – Building Design 14 February 2017
- 'No-frills' train service in the North East could open by 2019 … – ChronicleLive 13 February 2017
- Camira Appoint Ciara Crossan as Transport Design Manager – MassTransitMag.com (press release) (registration) (blog) 13 February 2017
- What would Dr Beeching say? New generation of 'no-frills trains' will open up little-used lines that have been … – Daily Mail 11 February 2017
- Calatrava's Greenwich Peninsula scheme threatens Foster … – Dezeen – Dezeen 6 February 2017
- Laurencekirk flyover reaches design stage – Mearns Leader – Mearns Leader 3 February 2017
- One Works to design Qatar transport centre – Building Design 3 February 2017
- “London is instantly recognisable by its transport imagery” – Design Week 27 January 2017
- Former Lake City doctor alleges retaliation for speaking out about patient safety – Republican Eagle 20 February 2017
- Partnership for Health IT Patient Safety Issues Recommendations for the Safe Use of Health IT for Patient Identification – PR Newswire (press release) 20 February 2017
- ReadyDock Unveils New Solution to Protect Patient Safety and Privacy – Benzinga 20 February 2017
- Demand accountability for patient safety – The Seattle Times 16 February 2017
- Hawaii Hospitals Improve Patient Safety and Quality in Statewide … – Yahoo Finance 16 February 2017
- Imperial receives £7m government funding boost to drive patient safety – Imperial College London 14 February 2017
- £6.7m NIHR funding secured for patient safety research – The University of Manchester (press release) 13 February 2017
- £3m given to help Bradford improve patient safety across NHS – Bradford Telegraph and Argus 13 February 2017
- Worcestershire hospitals trust ordered to urgently improve patient safety – The Guardian 31 January 2017
- Patient safety 'at risk' due to brutal NHS cuts – Theresa May is warned by 2000 doctors – Mirror.co.uk 30 January 2017
- Japan scraps 24-hour culture to keep wages down – Financial Times 20 February 2017
- What is AfterDrink, how does it work, and does it really cure a hangover? – The Sport Review 20 February 2017
- A flying start for church's appeal to save ageing spire – Hunts Post 20 February 2017
- Could your 60s and 70s be the best decades of life? – The Guardian 20 February 2017
- Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers' appeal for new Parkhead pitch is backed by Hoops star Kieran Tierney – Scottish Daily Record 20 February 2017
- Dr Miriam Stoppard's ultimate guide to anti-ageing: Staying young is mind over matter – Mirror.co.uk 19 February 2017
- Keanu Reeves has finally mastered ageing – Belfast Telegraph 19 February 2017
- Hidden carers: the sixty-somethings looking after parents and grandchildren – The Guardian 13 February 2017
- Flexible retirement age: an idea whose time has come … – The Guardian 6 February 2017
- Work till you drop: when will you retire — and do you want to? – The Guardian 30 January 2017
- Study: 1 in 5 Colorado marijuana workers never receive health and safety training – Denverite (blog) 20 February 2017
- Health and safety probe after man found dead at bottom of stairs – Nottingham Post 20 February 2017
- Aer Lingus to be sentenced for breaches of health and safety law following death of driver at Dublin Airport – The Irish Sun 20 February 2017
- Aer Lingus to be sentenced over health and safety breaches – Sunday World 20 February 2017
- Nail Salon prosecuted for disregarding health and safety | Scoop … – Scoop.co.nz (press release) 20 February 2017
- Disputes over Health and Safety Executive costs recovery will be … – Out-Law.com 15 February 2017
- Bristol woman sacked from Bathstore on 'health and safety grounds' shortly after miscarriage – Bristol Post 13 February 2017
- Health and safety inspectors called in after Newhall Farm worker trapped in baling machine – Huddersfield Examiner 10 February 2017
- Company admits health and safety breach over Norfolk farm death – Norfolk Eastern Daily Press 8 February 2017
- Health and Safety Executive called after man crushed by two cars in Red Lodge – East Anglian Daily Times 7 February 2017